·Name: Dr. Mahmoud Abdulrahman Mahmoud, ABCM, HMDP, QMDP
·Academic & Training Positions:
· Assistant professor, College of Medicine, IMSIU since June 2011,
- Adjunct position, global health department, Rollins school of public health, Emory University, USA.
- Program Director, Saudi Board of Community medicine, Riyadh region, Saudi council for health specialties.
- Vice Dean for Medical Affairs from May 2012 to June 2016
- Head of Public health department, Al-Imam University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from April 2012 to December 2016
☐ OTHER Click or tap here to enter text.
·Administrative Positions (MEMBERSHIB RANKING IN SAPH and ADMINISTRATIVE work REFERENCE):
·2017 – Present: Vice President, Saudi Association of Public Health – SAPH.
- 2017 – Present: member of local committee of community medicine program
- 2017 – Present: general secretary, Saudi Epidemiology Association (SEA)
·Clinical Positions (clinical position work REFERENCE):
☐ ☐ Consultant community medicine, public health, health management, quality management
☐ CBAHI Serveyour, Leadership and QM
- Public health education in Saudi Arabia: Needs and challenges, Medical teacher J., 17 Mar 2016
- Behavioral Modification Program (BMP): Role of Soio-Demographic Characteristics of Adult Drug Abusers in Saudi Arabia, Mahmoud et al. Clin. Exp pharmacol. 2013 .3.3
- Half way homes, National Study (co-author) unpublished study funded by National Committee for Narcotics Control (one publication under title: drug use pattern and demographic correlations of residents of Saudi therapeutic communities for addiction, Journal of Taibah University medical science), 2017, Co-author
- Life style related risk factors of type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and its increases prevalence in Saudi Arabia: A Brief Review, international Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences, 2017. Co-author
- Effect of behavioral modification Program among adult drug abusers in Al-Amal hospital, Jeddah. Graduation theses for Arab Board of Community medicine with 767 patients sample size, 2008. Board Thesis, Symposium PPT.
- Epidemiological study of osteoporosis among postmenopausal Saudi women (submitted) First author.
- Quality of life of medical students, submitted
- Quality of life of elderly. for publication
- Psychological needs of Youth, for publication
- Smoking among medical students, submitted
- Occupational hazards of Dust among Riyadh Train construction workers, ready for publication.
- Public health education in Saudi Arabia, National conference of public health, Malaysia, 2017.
- Integration of mass gathering through the medical education continuum, 3rd international mass gathering conference, MOH, Riyadh 2017
- Smoking as antecedent for addiction, Symposium PPT. 2014
- Social media utilization and medical students’ activities in public health, step toward prevention from major national health problems. Symposium PPT.2015
·Qualification/ Education/ Specialty:
- Diploma in Hospital Management –American University- Cairo 2010
- Arab Board of Community Medicine (ABCM) –2008 SCFHS (02-MR-823)
- Diploma in Health Care Quality –American University – Cairo- 2007
- MBBch. Al-Azhar Medical School, Cairo, Al-Azhar University 1993
- Program Director, Saudi Board of Community medicine, Riyadh region, Saudi council for health specialties. Member of local Committee, SBCM
- Certified CBAHI Surveyor for leadership & quality
- Adjunct position, Global H. dep., college of PH, Emory Un. USA
- Leadership management workshop, team of Ministry of higher education, Mayo clinic, Rochester, USA, 2014
- Diploma in Human Right Auditing, WHO & NCMH
·Major Interests/ Working Fields (Optional) (no more than 6 point):
- Community medicine
- Public health
- Mental health
- Quality management
- Health management
·Awards/ Prizes Fields (Optional) (no more than 6 point):
·Community services and contribution (Optional) no more than 6 point):
- Consultant in community mental health, NCMH
- Consultant advisor, public health advisory Board, Riyadh region, MOH
- Public health educator, voluntary participation in community activities
- Consultant of Tobacco Prevention Program, MOH and WHO
Phone: +966 504699931